Saturday, March 23, 2013

Abang Rizal's Passing

Wednesday, 20th March 2013, marks the saddest day for our whole family. My eldest brother, Rizal, has passed away. We are all devastated. It came as a shock to all of us. 

It was in the wee hours of the night, around 3am, when my dad received a call from Abg Rizal's phone but it was a total stranger on the other end, telling him that Rizal was in an accident. 

My parents and hubby rushed to SP to see what had happened. Even my SIL did not know about it until my dad called her. My nephew, Daniel quickly called his father's hand phone to speak with the good samaritan to get details and place of the accident. 

When my parents got to SP, they were informed that Rizal was taken to the hospital and so they went straight there while hubby and Daniel went to the place of accident to gather Rizal's personal belongings and make a police report etc. 

Meanwhile at the hospital my parents and SIL was told that Rizal had already passed on. Innalillah wainna ilaihiroji'un. Surely we belong to Allah and to Him we shall return.

According to the coroner, Rizal had a massive heart attack while driving, which made his car went out of control. But fortunately he did not suffer long because apparently he passed on quite quickly. What's amazing is that he only had a small bruise on his forehead, probably due to the air bags being exploded.

Meanwhile, at home I was busy getting the house ready and fetching my other brother and family and cousin from the airport and contacting people for the funeral arrangement. This is the time when I am thankful that my dad has many good friends who were ever willing to help with just about anything.

By eleven oçlock, my parents, hubby, SIL, Daniel and SIL's family from Shah Alam arrived home with the jenazah. Hundreds of people came to pay their respects including almost all of my aunts and uncles and cousins on both sides of the family.. all the way from KL and Johor. I was so touched by their presence and felt very blessed to have such thoughtful and concerned relatives.

Just before Asr, our immediate family was given time to say our last goodbyes before the jenazah was taken to the masjid for the last prayers and burial. I did not follow the others as I couldn't leave Nadiah at home. It was sad not to be able to but I have said my goodbye and sedekah lots of duas and read the Al-Quran for my brother, which I think is more important and meaningful.

Rizal has always been the family joker; the one who was always cracking jokes at family gatherings. He had an amazing sense of business and was an amature engineer. He was a laidback kind of guy, not one who easily panics in a situation but thinks fast on his feet. I'm going to miss him so much. We all will.

Rest in peace, my beloved brother. May Allah bless you and places you with the people of Jannah. Amin Ya Rab.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails