Sunday, September 09, 2012

Cheese Rice, I Hungry

Yes, yes I know. It's been absolutely ages. I have no excuse except laziness.

But I wanted to update on Nadiah and her progress, especially her spoken language. It's coming along slowly, but it's coming. So that's the most important thing. We can now argue verbally which is real fun for her. For me.. well, not so much.

Her sentences are still broken but they are now longer with 3-5 word sentences. Tonight while we were having dinner which consist of roti jala, which she eats plain, she suddenly said, "Eat cheese rice. I hungry."

Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised and very proud of her.

Then while she was eating her cheese rice, she said "A glass of lemonade." At the same time holding out her empty glass. So I added, "Please."

She repeated, "A glass of lemonade, please."

You can't imagine how over the moon I am with her and it makes me feel like anything is possible.

This is her cheese rice. It's white rice, friend chicken chunks with soy sauce and pieces of cheese. Then I have to microwave it for 10 seconds so that the cheese melt. Then Nadiah eats it with chopsticks.
Talking about possibilities, we have been planning to take her on a boat/ferry ride for the longest time. Not the ferry ride that crosses the ocean to Penang. That's like a 10 minute ride. But a big sea-crossing boat ride like crossing to Langkawi Island.

So last Eid/school holidays, we took her to Langkawi. She had the best time. The crossing to was a bit choppy and I think she had a headache, although she didn't say so but she said she felt sleepy and slept almost all of the way. We had to wake her up when we got to the jetty in Langkawi while everybody else were busy exiting. So that was a blessing because the kid in front of us were throwing up left and right and thank God for Tiger Balm because I quickly swiped some around my nose and Nadiah's as well. So did hubby. Or else we would have been throwing up along with the girl. Not from seasickness, but from all the not-so-lovely aroma around us.

The return journey was a lot better. The sea was pleasantly calm that we hardly feel like we were on a boat. Plus we were on the upper deck and next to the window. Nadiah stood right at the window looking out for dolphins all of the one hour and 30 minutes ride.

We had a great time in Langkawi. The cable car ride was the pinnacle of the trip. Nadiah loved being on top of the clouds, but hubby was shaking in his slippers. He is NOT a fan of heights. 

We had some beach time and some pool time and the view was exceptional from our hotel. We hope to go again soon.

Shall we have pictures? I think... Oh yeahh!!!

Arrived at the jetty in Langkawi Island. 

In the cable car going up Machinchang Mountain

Going down the mountain. Hubby looks happy because we were finally going down :P

Cenang Beach - lovely fine sandy beach and CLEAN!!

Nadiah's sandy lump creation

View from our hotel

Pool at the hotel. A few hours before we checked out.
So that's a little bit of what's happening recently. I hope to be back blogging and not be a stranger to my own page :D. Till then, thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day ahead!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails