Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Seminar Celik Al Quran Bagi Anak-Anak Autisme


Last Saturday I went to a seminar on “Celik Al Quran Bagi Anak-Anak Autisme” which was held at Wisma R&D, Universiti Malaya. The seminar was jointly organized by UM’s Centre of Quran Research and Autisme Malaysia (a FB group).

Incidentally, me and hubby have been looking for ways on how to teach Nadiah the Al Quran. So when I saw that the seminar was to be held then, we decided to attend even though it was already Friday. We decided to leave for KL that afternoon after Jumaat and arrived in Bangsar at 9.30pm.

On Saturday, I went to the seminar and was totally blown away by the kids who could not only read the Quran, but also memorize. I wish I had started Nadiah early on and I am now worried that it could be too late for her.

But nothing is ever too late. To pursue knowledge, age matters not. Anytime and anywhere is just as precious.There was one boy, who is about the same age as Nadiah. He started reciting the Quran by listening to the ayats repeatedly. Which is one of the methods of introducing the Quran to an autistic child. All these while I have always been rigid in my method of teaching something from the basics, which is teaching the ABC before reading. So does the method of teaching alif ba ta before reading the Quran. And I have been looking for ideas on how to introduce the method to Nadiah. And now I’m kicking myself (figuratively and not literally, mind you). Why didn’t I think of that. It’s something so simple. It’s not that she hasn’t been doing the same thing for everything else anyway. I was worried that it would be too difficult to learn alif ba ta, then spelling the kalimahs and go on to teaching the tajweed. I mean, why not just make her memorize the Quran with perfect mahraj and tajweed from early on. Problem solved!

So that was one of the things that I learned from the seminar, among other things. There was also a very touching video that was shown which captured the hearts of everyone and brought realization to the words of Allah. Why do we read the Quran? Why do we believe in Allah? I’ve attached the video below. Every time I watched the video I cried..


Subhanallah.. Allahu Akbar..

2 comments:

YUSMAINOR said...

assalamualaikum.saya ada seorang anak autisme umur 4 tahun masih belum boleh bertutur hingga sekarang tatapi mampu membaca asmaul husna dan beberapa surah dan zikir2 yg biasa seperti alhamdulillah,subhanallah dan allahuakbar.adakah saudari tau cara yg boleh dilakukan untuk memulihkan anak autisme ni?jika ada dapatlah kiranya kita berkongsi.terima kasih diucapkan diatas blog anda yg bermanfaat ni.

Yatie Tajudin said...

Wa'salam. Mohon maaf banyak2 sebab lambat sangat jawab. Alhamdulillah walaupun anak u tak boleh bercakap, tapi yang keluar dari mulutnya adalah kalimah2 Allah. Syukur.. sekurang2nya kita tahu dia boleh bersuara. Encik jangan risau, budak2 autisme kalau diberi intervention di peringkat yang awal insyaallah berupaya untuk bercakap bila meningkat umur. Cuma lain budak lain tahap preogress dia. Ada yang cepat, ada yang labat sedikit. Kita sebagai parents perlu bersabar banyak2.
Dalam FB ada satu group "Autisme Malaysia" yang mana u boleh dapat nayak info tentang terapi, kaedah pembelajaran, aktiviti yang boleh menolong anak2 kita. Cuba try join. Ni link dia: https://www.facebook.com/groups/autisme.malaysia/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails